Community Co-ordinator Position Description
Friends of L’Arche, Perth (FOLP) is a faith based community of people, with and without intellectual disabilities, seeking to build a world that recognises the unique value of every person and our need for each other.
- Source grant opportunities and pursue links/ funding options with community, business, political and government
- Develop relationships with Core Members and assist them to connect with the wider community.
- Create a greater awareness of L’Arche within a wide range of groups and organisations and the general community.
- Promote FOLP to expand the current community through interaction, events, fundraising activities and publication
- Maintain and monitor FOLP social media sites, and update the website as and when required.
- Attend FOLP Community gatherings and events and maintain regular contact with the FOLP Community.
- Report monthly to FOLP Board, attend meetings as required and maintain open communication and collaboration with the Board.
- Prior knowledge of L’Arche is preferred, however, a willingness to learn about L’Arche is necessary and will be expected.
- Awareness/interest and a genuine willingness to develop the experience of living as part of a L’Arche Communit
- An understanding of the Disability services in WA, NDIS, it’s opportunities and challenges
- Provenexperience relating to people with intellectual disabilitie
- Proven ability and creative approach to presentation and identification, establishment and fostering of networ
- Sound interpersonal skills and team member approach.
- Skillsto develop, plan, manage and implement projects and events.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Confidence to build relationships and to engage proactively and positively with people at all levels.
This role is part-time. Salary and other conditions are subject to further discussion. For further details about our Perth Community see www.folperth.org
Expressions of interest to Vera Waldby, Chair – Friends of L’Arche, Perth Inc.
email: email@example.com Mobile: 0407 383 085